Thursday, May 22, 2008

Nintendo DS - Mario Kart

Photobucket

It took me awhile to get this, but I finally did and I have yet to regret it.

I have always found racing games fun but held a warm spot in my heart for Nintendo's wacky characters and their arsenal of banana peels, koopa shells and mushrooms. If you ever played Super Mario Kart (I spent many an hour with this as an 11-year-old back when it first came out) or any of its future incarnations, there are a number of "retro" tracks you can experience that should indulge your nostalgic needs - or, if you're like me and never owned a GBA or N64, you can get a feel for, if only slightly, what those games were like. There are also 16 new tracks that range from "normal" to zipping through a pinball machine and even a clock!

Of course, the old fan favorite of "battle mode" is also included, and I think you can play against friends if they have Mario Kart themselves. And if you have Wi-Fi or can locate a "hot spot," you can race against people from all over the world, so this game should never get boring.


Definitely recommended!

Official site: http://www.mariokart.com/mkds/launch/index.html
Youtube search: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%22mario+kart+ds%22&search_type

No comments: