Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sakura Gumi, Sakura Mankai

Photobucket

Just arrived in the mail today!

1. Sakura Mankai
2. Say Yeah! ~Motto Miracle Night~ (Sakura Gumi Version)
3. Daite HOLD ON ME! (Sakura Gumi Version)
4. Sakura Mankai (Instrumental)

This came out 4 years ago, but I didn't get around to buying it until now for some reason. Between Sakura Gumi and Otome Gumi, Sakura was my favorite. I just love the soft elegance of this song, and the music video is great, too. We get a 6 minute long "Sakura Mankai," plus two bonus "redos" of old Morning Musume songs - they weren't my favorite of what the group has done, but they were enjoyable all the same. At least it wasn't "Love Revolution" - I like that song, but they touch back on it TOO MUCH.

There isn't really anything I'd change or add (save for maybe the music video), because it's just a single and the price is good for four songs. It's a little sad, though - four of the members pictured here have since left, either because of a scandal or it was simply time to go. I miss them :(

If you're a fan of "traditional" Japanese music, I'd give it a try.

No comments: