Monday, January 28, 2008

Ai Kago, what was and can't be

Photobucket

This information came out a looong while back, but I never got to write about it. I can honestly say... I never saw it coming. Fans of Morning Musume wondered how sweet, enthusiastic Ai could possibly do such things as smoke (yes, I know a lot of people in Japan and the world smoke, and really, that's not what upset me so much) and date a shady guy decades older than her. It's like finding out your pig-tailed, 8 year old sister runs an underground drug ring. I'm very disappointed in her actions, and since she even went out of her way to demolish any chance of returning to Hello! Project, I doubt we'll ever hear from her again unless she writes a tell-all book, or somebody puts photos of her in a paparazzi magazine. Some time ago (several months to be exact) I heard a rumor she was in New York. I don't know if it was for vacation, or simply a getaway tactic until all the scandal died down. If she was planning to relocate, there's a lot she'd have to do - apply for citizinship, learn English, etc. and that's a big step, so I doubt that idea.

Anyway, despite the fact that I can't look at her the same way again, when she was in her early teens, and during her time in Mini Moni, she was just the cutest little thing - and I really want to remember her that way. She had talent, too. Shame.

Yes, I know that when it comes to celebrities, especially Jpop idols, what you see may only be a little of what they are. They "market" a part of their personality, they play it up in front of the camera, and unless you're a member of the staff or a close friend, you'll never know who they truly are. But that doesn't make everything a lie!



No comments: