Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Pokemon fanfiction, old school

Photobucket

9 years ago, I discovered Pokemon. This was during a time I was freshly graduated from high school, and was both juggling my first job and first year in college. It was very stressful, the job moreso. Then I found Pokemon, supposedly something "only kids can understand" and was blacklisted by the elitist anime community for "giving anime a bad name." Yeah, OK.

This same year, I discovered the world of fanfiction. I'd print out stories I thought were particulary interesting and bring them to read between classes. Looking at them today, I see some were rather blah, or bordering on bad/disturbing, but I still fondly smile everytime I reread them. Here are a few (written before [maybe] or in 1999):

Planes of Existence Team Rocket comes across a young "dimension hopper" named Meiya, who takes them back to her "underground palace of ice and stone" to hang out. [Must be downloaded, in Word format]
Rocket Revenge James is (deliberately) hit by a car on his way back from shopping, and Jessie has to go to his family for medical help. Part 2
Team Rocket Two Jessie and James meet their twin offspring from the future. You also hear reference to Ash, Misty, and Brock's kids. [Must be downloaded, in Word format]
Valentine Valentine's Day. Misty struggles with her romantic feelings for Ash, along with her all-too-often tendency to beat on and argue with him. She wonders if, by doing that, she is only ruining her chances.

No comments: