Saturday, March 15, 2008

Morning Musume, Resonant Blue PV

Photobucket

Recently released to the public, the actual song is not due to come out until April 16th.

The reactions to this video have been mixed, and many of it is hostile. "Where are the other girls? Is this low-budget or what? It's boring! It's disappointing!" etc. etc. There has also been "This rocks! It's so cool! I think it's their best PV ever!"

I admit when I saw this for the first time, I obsessed over the fact that the whole thing was pretty much nothing but Reina, Koharu, and Ai (with a little bit of Risa). The other girls literally are overshadowed by them - I mean, they're all wearing black except for the "big 3," so it makes it harder to point out who is who. Some of them I couldn't spot at all. What would that make it, "Reina, Ai, and Koharu feat. Morning Musume"? ;P

But after letting it settle, letting me cool down, I think it's pretty OK. Sure it's cheap, but that doesn't mean it has to be bad. Everybody looks great, and the song is so catchy it makes me want to get up and dance. And I love that little "wave" thing they do in the middle. Since Tsunku claimed in his blog that another version is coming (this isn't the "final" one) I'm going to have faith that it will "fix" the lack of fair exposure for each member.


No comments: